Venue: Corrective Services, 20 Lee Street, Level 1, Henry Deane Building, Sydney. 10:00am to 12:00 noon. (doors open at 9:30am)
Ms. Jane Moore, Director – Parklea Compulsory Drug Treatment Centre.
- Guest speakers Jane Moore and Angela McClements from Parklea CDTCC.
- A PowerPoint presentation was provided by Jane and will be available via a link on the Throughcare Jigsaw Group website.
- Topics included: The aim, Why is CDTCC different, History, Objectives, Strategies, Who come here, Guiding principles, Staff core values and skills, Does rehabilitation work, What are our models, How we do it.
- It was noted that although the program is “compulsory” 84% of participants see the program as “voluntary”
- Questions raised from the floor
i. Is methadone usage for life?
ii. What is the secret of ownership?
iii. What is the age profile?
iv. What happens to those who are not eligible for this program?
Annual Report – Rod Moore – Chairman, Throughcare Jigsaw Group.
Report on the move to incorporation – John Saddington.
- John Saddington provided an update on the incorporation process for the Throughcare Jigsaw Group, the application to be lodged during December 2012 and completed early 2013. It was noted that guidelines for insurance were being sought.
Election and Confirmation of Steering Committee, 2013.
- Nominations were taken for the steering committee and the following ten persons were accepted: Rod Moore, David Pettett, David Gillies, Richard Feeney, Jon Hale, Kim Miller, John Saddington, Pearl Wymarra, Alosio Waininau, Robin Pullen.