The mission of Kairos Prison Ministry Australia is to bring Christ’s love and forgiveness to all incarcerated individuals, their families and those who work with them, and to assist in the transition to becoming a productive citizen.
Kairos is about new directions in life, founded on renewed acceptance, significance and security. It is a local, community based volunteer ministry to those in prison and their families and friends.
The work is accomplished through three distinct, but interdependent programs:
- Kairos Inside – for men or women in prison,
- Kairos Outside for women – for female relatives of people in prison, and
- Kairos Outside for Men – for male relatives of people in prison, and
- Kairos Torch – for juvenile offenders in prison.
Volunteers throughout Australia stand alongside:
- male and female inmates to encourage and support positive choices,
- family and friends of inmates to say “You are not alone” and
- juvenile offenders to say “There is a better way”.
Kairos benefits the whole community through better outcomes for individuals and reduced rates of recidivism.